picture

picture

Friday, August 21, 2009

"Living in Forgiveness"

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
Colossians 3:12-14

When Jesus taught us to pray He said to ask God to forgive us, just as we give forgiveness to others.

"Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors".... Matthew 6:12

If we ask God to forgive us and don't in turn, forgive those who have hurt us, we will not enjoy the full benefits of our Lord's forgiveness to us! I so remember the full impact of that Scripture hitting my heart many years ago! I was experiencing the break-up of my marriage and was filled with anger and all the other "stuff" that such a situation brings into ones life. A lay-pastor in our church preached one Sunday evening and God's Word came alive to me! I knew what I had to do... I devoured His Word; read a book or two on 'forgiveness'; sought Godly counsel ... and made the choice to "live in forgiveness" ... He Changed My Heart!
HALLELUJAH!

"Living in forgiveness" is a CHOICE!
"How do I do that?" you might ask me... "Only through the strength of God", I answer.

"Living in Forgiveness" is releasing others to Him. When we DON'T do this we will not find release and relief for ourselves! "Not forgiving" will always hold us back! I don't want to be held back - do you?

Unforgiveness destoys us from the inside out - it's like a poison that seeps into everything we touch; every relationship; people will sense it in us.
Dear ones - I pray you will make the choice today to forgive - to free yourself for God's amazing work to occur in you! Don't let the enemy poison you and your life!

May today be the day that you CHOOSE TO LIVE IN FORGIVENESS!
Blessings on each of you today!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!