picture

picture

Monday, August 24, 2009

"For IF you forgive..."

When you read the post for Saturday you found that it was Scripture from Matthew 6: 9-13...
I must say that the next 2 verses changed my life ... as I reflect on this I know I will add them to my "life verse" file! I mentioned a few days ago about the "lay preacher" who spoke on forgiveness... he used this following Scripture and it spoke to my heart like nothing had before! Thank You, Jesus!!!!

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
Matthew 6:14-15

I cannot be in fellowship with a just, loving, compassionate, merciful, gracious Heavenly Father if I refuse to forgive others.... so I have a choice to make. What is more important to me? Not forgiving someone or having an awesome relationship with my Father. Well! to me there is only one answer to that question! I must forgive!!! I want it all with HIM! Therefore to hang on to unforgiveness would not be good! Not be good emotionally, mentally, physically - but especially Spiritually!

I've been doing some de-cluttering and cleaning ... as hubby would say - "getting my "nest" ready for winter!" :0

I found these 2 quotes on Saturday ...
"Forgiveness doesn't change the past but it does enlarge the furtue!" - author unknown

"To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love.
In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness." - Robert Muller

Blessings on you dear ones! I pray God has spoken to you today through something said here! You are loved! and forgiven - be a forgiver!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!