picture

picture

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Whom Shall I Fear?

The Lord is my Light and my Salvation - whom shall I fear or dread?
The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1
Hubby has an abattoir (poultry slaughter facility) and retail shop in our side yard,
part of our driveway area. A couple nights ago we were broken into -
they took the cash register and the cash box...
approx. $200.00 in Toonies and Loonies (for those of you not in Canada,
a Toonie is a $2.00 coin and a Loonie is a $1.00 coin -
and that's another while story as to how they received their names! :o)
As always the bills and cheques were in the house.
We never heard a thing - our bedroom is on the driveway side of the house!
When he came in and told me what had happened my first thoughts were,
"Oh no! Lord , keep him - don't let this discourage him. Lord, I will not be afraid!
Satan you are not going to fill me with fear.
Lord, Please don't let the devil have this."
My dear hubby works full time at another job and in that job
he is required to work 6 overnight shifts per month -
this means I am here alone during those times.
I had to claim this verse a few years ago when he started these shifts -
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity
(of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear),
but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love
and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control
2 Timothy 1:7 (AMP)
I have been so blessed with rest and peace... as I lay my head on the pillow at night I give my night to Him and thank Him for keeping me! I Praise Him for doing just that over these last couple of days - I have a peace that is indescribable... His Peace!
The TRUTH for this Truth-filled Thursday is that He has promised to never leave
nor forsake us. He has not given us a spirit of fear -
but He has given us Himself! His Love!
His wisdom and reasoning if we but ask for it!
We are in a battle and the devil would like to destroy our faith, our witness.
Dear Friends - Don't let Satan have any sway over you!
Cling to the Word!
And KNOW that you are more than a conqueror...
even in the midst of trials!
... for I know whom I have beleived,
and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed
unto him against that day!
2 Timothy 1:12
Father God,
Bless these readers today!
May they know You are with them; that You are so very REAL!
Help each one, Lord, to give to You the fears they may be experiencing -
whatever form they may take!
May they allow You to work in them and to fill them with Your peace -
that peace that is indescribable -
But, Oh so aweswome!
Thank You Lord for what You are going to do today in each life!
Praise You and Thank you!
In the Precious Name of Jesus,
Amen & Amen
Peace and Joy,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!