picture

picture

Sunday, August 16, 2009

DOXOLOGY

A doxology is an expression of praise to God -
especially a short hymn sung as part of a worship service.
I awoke with a doxology running thru my head...
When I was growing up I attended church every week -
this short hymn was sung at the beginning of every service -
strangely enough - it has remained a favorite of mine over the years
and today it was "right there" when I awoke ...
May it bless you!
Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
These words were written in 1674! WOW!..
as part of a longer hymn -
in a time when it was believed that only the words of scripture should be sung!
Blessings on you today!
May this day be filled with thanksgiving and praise!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!