picture

picture

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Do You Pass The Test?

The Corinthians had been examining Paul to see if he “measured up”.
They had been seeking to see if Christ was speaking thru Paul.

He says these words to them:
2 Corinthians 13:5 (TLB)
Check up on yourselves. Are you really Christians?
Do you pass the test?
Do you feel Christ’s presence and power more and more within you?
Or are you just pretending to be Christians when actually you aren’t at all?
I hope you can agree that I have stood that test and truly belong to the Lord

Here is the NIV
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves.
Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you – unless, of course, you fail the test?

Paul, in writing to the Corinthians, wanted them to look at themselves – as much as look at him – to have the same standard for themselves as they might have had for him. He wanted them to ask themselves the questions – to test themselves to see if they were walking according to their faith.

This is a challenge for each one of us today!
Do we pass the test?
Do I pass the test?
Not does “so and so” pass the test – DO I???
We need to be more concerned with our standing than we do someone else’s.

The Test:
Do I demonstrate Christ living in me?
Am I filled with the Holy Spirit?
Do I spill the Holy Spirit out when I’m shaken up?
Am I obedient to God’s Word?
Am I filled with His grace?
Saved by His grace?
Is my heart’s desire to see people come to know Christ?
Do I see people thru His eyes?
Do I love with His love?
Do I forgive with His forgiveness?
Ask yourself these questions while asking God to search your heart...
I pray that you can answer a resounding YES to each one.
If not – then Seek Him –
Give your life over to Him –
He will heal all wounds;
He will mend your broken heart;
He will give you peace; and rest; and joy;
He will fill you with His love and forgiveness.

Do you pass the Test?

Blessings on you today,
as you seek to live a life filled with His Presence,
...Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!