picture

picture

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Walk In the Light


One Bible translation I looked in had the following Scripture entitled
“Walk In The Light”...

John 12:42-50
However, even many of the Jewish leaders believed him to be the Messiah but wouldn’t admit it to anyone because of their fear that the Pharisees would excommunicate them from the synagogue; for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
Jesus shouted to the crowds, “If you trust me, you are really trusting God. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me.
I have come as a Light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer wander in the darkness.
If anyone hears me and doesn’t obey me, I am not his judge – for I have come to save the world and not to judge it.
But all who reject me and my message will be judged at the Day of Judgment by the truths I have spoken.
For these are not my own ideas, but I have told you what the Father said to tell you. And I know his instructions lead to eternal life; so whatever he tells me to say, I say!”

Ummmmmmmmmm.

Have you ever stumbled around in the dark, looking for a candle or a flashlight so that you could see in the darkness? I’m sure most of us have!
We keep an emergency flashlight and a lighter in a drawer in the kitchen...
the last time the power went out I “felt” my way to that drawer ... for obvious reasons.
I can’t help but think about the darkness inside of us ... in our souls!
The only LIGHT that will take that darkness away is Jesus Christ!
He tells us He has come as a Light to shine in this dark world – so that we will not be stumbling thru life – but will be walking in the light!
If we walk in the light and are obedient to God then we will have eternal life!
Praise the Lord!

Dear Ones,
Are you walking in the Light today?
Is the SON shining in and thru you?
Is your life one of obedience to God’s ways?

I pray for each one reading today that you can answer yes to these questions...
If you can’t - at this moment in time – I pray you will give your life over to Him and allow Him to change you and bring you to this place!

May today be a Light-Filled day ... in you and around you!
Blessings!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!