picture

picture

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

UNENDING LOVE - AMAZING GRACE

I love the hymn we sing entitled “Amazing Grace” –
Chris Tomlin has a newer version which has been in my head as I write this:

“My chains are gone, I've been set free;
My God, My Savior, has ransomed me;
and like a flood His Mercy rains,
Unending Love, Amazing Grace.”

Oh, how I love these words!
My chains are gone!
I’ve been set free!
Unending Love!
Amazing Grace!

***
Hallelujah!
***
God saves us thru His unmerited favor – His Grace!

Ephesians 2:8 (AMP)
For it is by free grace (God’s unmerited favor) that you are saved
(delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation)
through [your] faith.
And this salvation is not of yourselves [of your own doing,
it came not through your own striving],
but it is a gift of God;

Hallelujah!

2 Corinthians 12:9 (AMP)
But He said to me, “My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness.”

In this verse Paul goes on to say this ...
Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities,
that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah)
may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!

AMAZING GRACE!
Sufficient for all my needs!
Thank You, Jesus!
Praise You, Lord!
Thank You, Holy Spirit!

May these words resonate with you today!
Not my words – but those of Scripture!
May you KNOW His Grace and His Mercy today!

Love and Peace to you...
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!