picture

picture

Monday, April 6, 2009

Our Reedemer

To redeem something means to buy it back; to win it back; to make amends for some fault; to obtain the release of by paying a ransom; to set free or save!

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve,
and to give his life as a ransom for many.
Mark 10:45

Jesus gave himself for a ransom – as redemption – when He went to the cross to die for me – for you – for the sins of the world.
He came to deliver us from the bondage to sin... from the hold the devil might have upon us!
His Blood on the Cross paid the Price!

Maybe the story of the cross and Christ’s death is an all too familiar story to you.
Maybe it’s a story you’re not very familiar with.
Know this –
Through His death, Jesus obtained freedom for us! He defeated Satan and secured for us an eternal future with our Heavenly Father.
HALLELUJAH!

He came to reverse the curse of sin – and separation from God – death – He came to set us free!
I know that my Redeemer lives, and in the end he will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God.
I will see him with my own eyes – I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!
Job 19:25-27

As a former slave to sin – I am so thankful for this freedom that Christ has given me!
I am grateful for the future that I have in Him!
I KNOW that my Redeemer lives!
Praise His Holy Name!

I read this the other day in a book – (This is a direct quote – page 347)
‘Praying the Names of Jesus’
Ann Spangler

...we who were formerly enslaved by sin, in bondage to Satan, may well echo the sentiments of a woman named Mary Reynolds, who was born into slavery in Louisiana. Toward the end of her life, when she was over a hundred years old, still poor but now free, Mary told an interviewer: “I members bout the days of slavery and I don’t lieve they ever gwine have slaves no more on this earth. I think Gawd done took that burden offen his black chillum and I’m aimin’ to praise him for it to his face in the days of Glory what ain’t so far off.”

Have you been a slave to sin who has been freed?
Praise God!
Let’s give Him Praise and Thanks for His redemptive power upon our lives!
Thank Him for taking your burdens upon Himself!
For setting us Free!

And Know – that you too, along with Mary, will praise Him someday –
Face to Face – In Glory!
What a Day That Will Be!

That excites me! I pray it does you too!

Blessings on you today as you spend time with, and reflect on,
Your REDEEMER!
Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!