picture

picture

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Giants!

Webster’s defines giant as a person or thing of unusually great size, power, importance; huge or gigantic.

Uhmmmmmmmm!
We watched a movie a while back in which a father was mourning the loss of his son after he came home from war.
This movie was based on true facts... parts of it were hard to watch and listen to –
We truly have no idea what our young men and women must face as they fight for freedom...
They need our prayers so desperately!

At one point this father had to tell a bedtime story to a little guy so he told him about the Giant – Goliath – and how David had defeated him with just a sling and one smooth stone!
He told the little fellow how David had faced his fears head-on, stood his ground, and defeated them... and so could he! [he was afraid of the dark – thought there were ‘monsters’ in the dark]

I just had to go to the Word and read this story again. In doing so I discovered some scriptures that I had “forgotten” about and I want to share them with you today!

You can read the story of David and Goliath in 1 Samuel 17.
These verses stick out to me and give me encouragement and confidence to face the giants in my life!

Verse 37:
The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.

Verse 45:
David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty...

Verse 47:
..... for the battle is the Lord’s .....

WOW!
Such powerful words!
Bigger than any giant! More powerful than any Giant!
Our God is huge, bigger than a giant; more powerful than anyone or anything; more important than anything else in our life!

I hope you believe that!
Any giant that you might be facing today is powerless in the presence of our Almighty God!
He will fight the battle – you will be – you can be – you are – victorious!

When we go against our foes – our giants – in the name of our Lord we will win the battle!
He will deliver us!

Does that not encourage you?
give you JOY?
give you PEACE?
Make your heart sing?

Thank You,
Father for giving me these words today!
For giving me fresh eyes to see Your truths!
Bless each one who reads Your Word today, Lord!
Fill them with Your love and Your strength – to face their giants!
Thank You, Jesus!
Praise You, Holy Spirit!
In the precious name of Christ,
Amen.

Blessings on you today!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!