picture

picture

Monday, December 8, 2008

The BEAUTY of a Woman!

I am writing this devotional specifically to women...
Just this morning I had a conversation with a lady who has recently divorced and who feels very alone – especially in this Christmas Season.

Every woman has an innate desire to be loved and cherished – just as she is!
To be seen as beautiful!
Not so much physically – but with that inner beauty that shines forth
and is attractive to those she comes in contact with!
It seems that the world we live in today focuses on the outward beauty of a woman.

Have you ever met someone who is physically beautiful but has an “ugly” spirit?
Maybe she harbours bitterness, resentment, unforgiveness, anger.
This woman’s soul has been wounded and healing has not occurred.

In contrast, have you met someone whom the world may not say is “beautiful” but exudes the most gracious, loving, and tender spirit?

I have met both types of women... My heart’s desire is to be that one who has an inner beauty
that shines forth and attracts people.

I read something the other day that stated “a woman becomes beautiful when she knows she is loved”.

KNOW you are loved, dear sisters ...
Our Heavenly Father loves us with a love that is beyond any human love
KNOW it!
BELIEVE it!
And LIVE it!

A couple weeks ago Sunday arrived and I attended church...
Praise and worship was wonderful...
The music was very inviting and worshipful...
A little girl of about 3 – 4 years of age began to dance in the aisle... Twirling around so her dress flared out... I know she felt very “beautiful” at that moment in time!
She surely must have felt like a Princess!

I wonder...
Does she know she is a Princess?
Does she know she is Loved?
Does the divorced woman living alone know she is a Princess?
Does she know she is Loved?
Do you know you are a Princess?
Do you know you are Loved?

YOU ARE – YOU ARE !!!

With Jesus as your Savior, You are daughters of the KING! A Princess!

As woman we must open our hearts to Him – to His gentle calling upon our lives!

A couple years ago I read a book- “Captivating” by John and Stasi Eldredge...

And I am presently re-reading it.
I encourage you to get a copy and read it for yourself.
The following is a quote from these authors:

“A woman in her glory, a woman of beauty, is a woman who is not striving to become beautiful or worthy or enough. She knows in her quiet center where God dwells that he finds her beautiful, has deemed her worthy, and in him, she is enough.”

I say, “Hallelujah! Praise God!
Father God, I pray for everyone reading this to know they are worthy, they are beautiful...they are enough!”
(just couldn’t let that pass by without commenting! J)

“He will quiet you with his love” (Zeph.3:17).
“A woman of true beauty is a woman who in the depths of her soul is at rest, trusting God because she has come to know him to be worthy of her trust.
She exudes a sense of calm, a sense of rest, and invites those around her to rest as well.
She speaks comfort; she knows that we live in a world at war, that we have a vicious enemy, and our journey is through a broken world.
But she also knows that because of God all is well, that all will be well.
A woman of true beauty offers others the grace to be and the room to become.
In her presence, we can release the tension and pressure that so often grip our hearts. We can also breathe in the truth that God loves us and he is good.”

Dear sisters!
I felt I needed to share this with you –
I believe someone needs these words today!
I pray God speaks to your hearts to let you know that you are loved!
Pray for His words to fill your heart and soul so that you Live them out and that you Rest in Him!

Be still and know that I am God!
Psalm 46:10


For I KNOW whom I have believed!
And I REST in HIM!
Princess Ruthie
:)

Merry CHRIST-mas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!