picture

picture

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

POWER!

I am sitting here on the morning of the 22nd of December, with my flannel lined jogging pants on, two pairs of socks, a sweater, AND a jacket!
It is COLD!!!
We have been without power since 4 am this morning! (it is now 10)

I was awake at 3 am – the wind was blowing hard, the power flickered off and on again a couple times at that point... Our little pup - (12 year old, 6 pound Yorkie) -
does not like the wind so he started to bark... we got up to let him out for a moment and he almost blew away!
I lit candles and hubby went out to get the generator going... He was supposed to slaughter Christmas turkeys today!
That won’t happen without electricity!

I began to think about how dependent we are on our power source!
No lights;
No heat;
No fan on the furnace;
No coffee;
No toast;
No oatmeal;
If all one has is an electric can opener – no tuna sandwich even!
Fridges and freezers stop working;
No phone;
No internet;
Can’t use the debit cards;
Can’t pump gas;
And --- on & on it goes!
We take it all for granted!
Well, - I do! How about you?

Oh Father God, please don’t let me take YOU for granted!

I can’t help but think at this time about the POWER source HE is!!!
I am so thankful that HE never “goes out”...
He never “flickers” off and on...
He is always there!
Always present!
Always waiting to supply HIS POWER to any situation in my life!
Thank You, LORD!

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God
for the salvation of everyone who believes:
first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love
and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary,
they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Corinthians 10: 3-5

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins,
he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Hebrews 1:3

Our God is a powerful God; His Word is powerful; Thru His Holy Spirit indwelling us He gives us His power; And that POWER is our weapon against the enemy!

I am so thankful for the power He gives me to overcome fears; to maintain peace in the midst of painful circumstances; to stand strong against the devil; He is the SOURCE of it all...
But –
If I don’t stay connected – plugged in - to that source - my power goes out!
My strength is diminished; My fears return; My thoughts get taken over by the enemy;
And I begin to get ‘cold’... Cold towards Him; towards others;
His power keeps my heart soft – without it my heart hardens!

Dear Father God,
May I never take You for granted!
May I always be aware of the Source of POWER that You are to me!
May I stay deeply connected to You!
In all circumstances!
Thank you, Lord for the POWER that you give to us when we choose to believe you!
Praise you,
In Jesus name,
Amen.

Dear friends,
This is my prayer for you this day...
As we move into a New Year I pray that you will connect to Him on a deeper level than ever before!
That you may KNOW and BELIEVE that He is the ultimate POWER Source; That He is your Strength and Shield!

Have a blessed day - In HIM!
Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!