picture

picture

Monday, December 1, 2008

“I AM”


Recorded in the Gospel of John,
are seven times when Jesus uses the words “I am”.

There are two things here that spark an interest of mine...
One being the number 7 and its use in scripture;
the other being the words “I AM”.

For now, I will tell you that the number 7 has three fundamental meanings:
· Full
· Complete
· Oath

And the number seven is scattered throughout His Word!
Why did He do that?

HUMMMMMMMMM...
That’s for another time!

This is by no means an exhaustive writing on the I AMs of Jesus
as recorded by John. My desire is to introduce them to you, and for you to spend some time studying them and what they mean to you!

· John 6:48 – Bread of Life
· John 8:12 – Light of the World
· John 10:9 – The Door
· John 10:11 – The Good Shepherd
· John 11:25 – Resurrection and Life
· John 14:6 – The Way, The Truth, The Life
· John 15:1 – True Vine

Just seeing those in print as a “list” makes me grateful,
and I can’t go on writing without thanking Him for Who He Is!
Thank You, Father for your provision for us thru Your Son!

Can you imagine living without sustenance, light, protection,
knowledge and truth,
connection, heaven?
I can’t!

There was a time in my life when I looked upon the “church” with some disdain! I bought into the thinking that Christians were hypocrites;
that this life was all there was anyway, so why did it matter?
Then a lady came into my life who lived her Christianity...
She showed love to everyone; had compassion and grace;
she modeled what the Christian life was all about.
The more time we spent together, the more I desired her peace,
her confidence, her grace, her gentleness.
I witnessed people ridicule her for her faith...
not to her face but behind her back...
She knew this though and she persevered!

I KNOW with all my heart that God was not willing that I should perish
and that He was drawing me to Himself!
Thank you, LORD!

At about this same time I began to hear that Jesus loved me!
That He is the Way, the Truth, the Life;
He is the Bread of Life;
The Good Shepherd;
The Door;
The Vine;
Resurrection and Life – eternity in heaven!
That He would bring Light, Peace, Joy, Confidence into my life!

I am (me - Ruthie) so thankful for HIS I AM(s)...
May they bless you today!
Meditate on these Scriptures and let them fill your heart with HIM!

Joy and Peace to you today!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!