picture

picture

Friday, December 5, 2008

Jesus - in the driver’s seat!

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
Psalm 91:1-2

Last Thursday I travelled to my daughter’s in Sackville.
I arrived before she finished work, so when I picked up a house key from her she gave me directions to the sitter’s to pick up my granddaughter. I had no trouble finding the house,
managed to get Madison in her seat and off we went.
However... by this time it had turned dark and had started to rain...
somehow I got turned around and found myself “lost”!
This little voice from the backseat says,
“Grammie, I’m scared. I don’t like being lost.” I said, “Don’t be scared! Say a little prayer, and I’ll call Mommy and she’ll come get us!” So we said a prayer together, then I called Ang.
She told me to stay right where I was...she’d come to us!
Prior to this Madison and I had talked about all the things
we would do together over the next couple days ...
one of which was going out for supper that night - (just the girls!)
As we were following Mommy home, from the back seat I heard Madison say,
“Grammie, how about when we go out for supper we let Mommy drive.”

Of course, I agreed with her! and I marvelled at the unconditional faith and trust she has in her mom! How like a child who has learned to trust!
The first stage of development in a child’s life according to one expert is
“trust versus mistrust” which occurs in the first 18 months of life.
Some children don’t learn how to trust because of circumstances in their lives ... my heart breaks for them!

I also couldn’t help but think of myself and Christ!
When I try to be in the driver’s seat I get myself on the wrong road and I get lost.
I have said to Him, “Lord, I don’t like being lost!”
I need to give Him the wheel everyday and let Him drive!
Oh, how I want to have that unconditional trust and faith in my Lord!

Do you trust Him with everything? In everything?
Or are you still trying to control some aspects of your life?
Are you still at the wheel?
Like the song says...”Jesus, take the wheel”...
May this be your plea to Him -
not just in times of near crashes but always, everyday!
Is He at the wheel of your life?
Is He your PILOT?

I have seen a license plate that says, “Jesus is my co-pilot”...
When I see that I want to tell the driver of that vehicle that HE needs to be their PILOT... the one in control of everything!

Dear Friends,
Think about this today... What are you holding back from Him? And Why are you holding it back?

Give it all to Him, friend!
He is over all, in all and through all!
(Ephesians 4:6)

His rest and peace will come to you when you give Him control of your life!
I pray you will do that this day!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!