picture

picture

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The ROCK!

Many years ago I lived on a river.
In that river there was a large rock that was a visual guide for me to determine the water level of the river...

If I could see most of the rock, the water level was low;
If it was almost covered, or totally covered with water, of course, the water was high!
Many times I would look out at the river and take note of that rock – And I’d think,
“Jesus – THE Rock - is the guide for my life.
He is all I need to live my life by.
His Word is filled with instructions for me in my daily walk!”

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

2 Samuel 22:42
The LORD lives!
Blessed be my Rock!
Let God be exalted,
The Rock of my salvation!

In Hebrew the word for ‘strength’ also means ‘rock’. God is our protector .... our strength and our stronghold!

The Scriptures – God’s Word –
The only Self-Help Book for living...
The only Marriage-Manual...
The only Child-Rearing Book we need...

HE – is all we need.

When I counsel with individuals or couples, I use God’s Word as the only Book we need to look to for guidance.
Not only does He give us direction, guidance, wisdom when we ask for it... He will strengthen and enable us to do what we need to do!
He will be our ROCK!
But only if we permit Him to!
He’s wants our active participation in changing our lives.

YES –
He is able – and He does change some things immediately upon salvation!

I recall a gal saying to me one time that she couldn’t understand why God had taken alcohol addiction away from someone she knew and left her still struggling with her addiction!
I know that God wants her to totally depend upon Him;
And she is doing just that!

He wants to be her Rock!
Her Strength!
Her Stronghold!

He wants to be YOUR Rock!
YOUR Strength!
YOUR Stronghold!

Dear friend,
I pray today that He is your Rock!
That He is all of this and more!
That your Strength comes from HIM and Him alone!
That your direction comes from Him and Him alone!
Meditate on this thought today and let Him be that for you!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!