picture

picture

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

It’s a NEW YEAR!
2009!
What does this mean for you?
A new year to .......
What are some of the resolutions you make?
Do you make the same one every year and give it up soon after?
[like losing 20 pounds?]
I have done that in the past!

A long time ago I decided to make my resolution(s)
things that were going to be energizing, rewarding, positive and fun-filled!

· One year I resolved to learn to quilt... and I did –
I made a kitchen table topper ...cut and quilted by me!
[I have another quilt that I’ve not completed –
but some day I will finish it!]

· Another year I resolved to learn to crochet – I wanted a tablecloth for a small round table I have... well, I did achieve this to some degree...
I made the tablecloth ...and still use it!
But didn’t find this to be as much fun as I had anticipated,
so have given up crocheting!

· Last year I resolved to live out this Scripture -
Philippians 4:8...
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.

I must say this has been a challenge but God has done amazing things
in me this past year!
I have been so much more aware of my thought life – and we know that as a man thinketh in his heart so is he (Proverbs);
I have been much more focused on Him and His hand in
everything in my life – our lives...
I have been much more thankful, worshipful,
learning to be content in everything!

Just because I made a conscious choice to live – think about –
those things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable,
excellent, and praiseworthy!

Give it a try!
It works!
He changes us when we chose to live as He wants us to!

I also resolved last year to have a “blog” by the end of the year –
I didn’t even know what this meant for sure,
but was going to use the Internet somehow,
to minister to people and to share my love of paper crafting.

As the year progressed I really felt God saying to me to make this a ministry tool specifically!
He is so amazing!
By July I had a site, a domain name, and some things to share!
Awesome!
I give HIM all the glory!

One of my friends said, “Well, after 365 you’ll have a book!”

HUMMMMMMMMMM!
Maybe that will be next year’s resolution!

This year’s resolution (2009) is to memorize Scripture...
My goal is for one per month...
And I am specifically saying one per month as this is achievable for me....if I were to say one per week I see myself quickly failing at that
and giving up!
But if I get more than one per month – Praise be to God!

My first one will be from Zephaniah –

The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17

Praise the Lord!
I’ll keep you informed as to my progress and what verses I’m choosing!
What will your resolution(s) be?
I’d be interested in hearing from some of you!

Keep Looking Up!
Stay focused on Him!
And KNOW that He is Who He says He is ...
Praise His name!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!