picture

picture

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The RED Light!

Have you ever gone thru a red light?
Well! I did!
On my way to church yesterday morning!
Go figure!
(I’m writing this on January 19, 2009 – Monday)

I was half-way thru the intersection when I realized what I was doing... thankfully there was no one else around...
By that I don’t mean any RCMP – I mean any cars I could have run into!
Phew!!!!!
If the RCMP had been around – I would have had to take the “punishment” – I DID do it!
No one else but me behind the wheel!
I was totally distracted – I saw the red light; I stopped; looked to my left and to my right; no vehicles in sight so just drove on thru! What was with that?????
Immediately I realized what I had done...but there was no turning back!
The crime had been committed!

Has something like this ever happened to you in other areas of your life?
It sure has to me!
God sends a “Red Light” our way to let us know when we are dangerously close to taking the wrong road in life; when we’re close to exhibiting an attitude or behavior that does not glorify him; when we are close to allowing temptation to go beyond the “no turning back” point!
when we need to STOP - and take note of exactly where we are and what we are doing!

I call that “Red Light” the prompting of the Holy Spirit...
That inner sense that makes one know that they are not where they should be; Some might call it our conscience; others a “gut feeling”; It is the Holy Spirit prompting us to do what is right; to stay focused on God’s plan and purpose for our lives.

How like the distracted driver we are at times –
Plowing right on thru the intersection; taking the wrong road; choosing the wrong attitude; acting with that unrighteous behavior; giving in to the temptation; going beyond the “point of no return”!

Just as the lights at an intersection are there for our protection, so is the prompting of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit indwells the one who has been born again. We are no longer left to our own devices – or should I say “vices” –
The Holy Spirit will prompt and prod us into making the right decisions...
When we ignore his promptings we are “running the red light”!

I am so thankful for the Spirit’s presence in my life.
The more time I spend in the Word and in prayer, the more open I am to hearing from him.
I pray this for you today –
If you have been “running red lights” recently; blocking out the promptings; grieving the Spirit;
I pray you will open yourself to our gracious, merciful Father who will forgive and renew you – let Him do a work in you today!

Reflect on these verses:

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own;
1 Corinthians 6:19

Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you – guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.
2 Timothy 1:14

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
Romans 5:5

But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.
He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
Titus 3:4-7

May your day be filled with blessings galore!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!