picture

picture

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Which One Do You Feed?

I was sitting at my computer yesterday morning writing from John 10:7-10 when this email came to me from a friend.
All I could think was, “Oh, if only everyone would realize this!” So – I’m going to share this story with you...

Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside all people. He said, “My son, the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:
“Which wolf wins?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

S0 –
Did that impact you as it did me? I hope so!

Which one do you feed?
Have you had times when the evil one seems to be the most hungry of the two
so you feed it till it’s full?
Oh Yah! I have done this!

What about feeding the good wolf?
Is this easy to do all the time?
No! It’s not! But it’s what we’re called to do!

John 10:10
The thief does not come except to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Jesus is speaking here, telling us that the evil one – the evil wolf – the thief - wants to destroy us. But He has come to give us abundant life!
Praise God!
Hallelujah!

Take a look at what the evil wolf exhibits –
I have experienced all of these feelings and emotions...
What about you?
Do you remember what you did with them?
I do!
At times, I chose to hang out with, and feed, this wolf for a while.
He certainly wasn’t the best companion!
At times I chose to let him go hungry!

Now look at what the good wolf exhibits –
Do you see the fruit of the Spirit here?
Do you see a life filled with God’s presence here?
I hope you do!
I have chosen to hang out with and feed this wolf – Wow! What an experience this is!
The more I hang with him the more like Christ I become!
Whooo Hoooo!

Which wolf is your companion?
Which one do you feed?
It’s a choice we make – everyday!
I pray that you are choosing to feed the good wolf.

I know how hard it is when we feel that someone has hurt us and we’re angry;
or when we feel inadequate; or we’ve believed the lies as to who we are; or we feel guilty for _______________; or jealousy rises up because - she’s prettier than me or smarter than me or has more money than me or has a more loving husband than me...etc., etc.

God is powerful and strong; He is a loving God... He does not want you living with this evil wolf –
He wants you living with Jesus Christ in your heart; with the Holy Spirit living in you.
Then, and only then, will He enable you to “feed the good wolf”.

Dear ones,
Invite Him into your life today...
He will change your heart!
He will change your life!
Make a choice today to believe HIM – to take Him at His Word!
He will make you into an overcomer!
Praise God...
The evil wolf will go hungry – and slither off to find food somewhere else!

Love you all!
Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!