picture

picture

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thankful Tuesday

Word focus: “give thanks”

In Hebrew there is no verb that means “to thank” in the way that we, using the English language, use it.
The Hebrew words used in this way mean to “make public acknowledgement of” and “outstretched hands towards God”.

When I think of “giving thanks” I think of acknowledging God and all His attributes,
and giving a testimony of what He has done for me and in me!

And I cannot do this without raising my hands to HIM!
Even though we’ve had some tough times around this household lately, I KNOW He is in control...He knows all...He sees our hearts and He knows our desires...
I give Him Thanks!
For His Mercy, His Grace, His Love, His Joy, His Peace,
His Comfort, His Strength...

I pray you can say the same!

Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him
For the help of His countenance.
Psalm 42:5

I will praise the LORD according to His righteousness,
And will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.
Psalm 7:17

Dear Friends,
Focus today on what you are thankful for...
What God has done in your life...
Praise Him with raised hands...
Give Him the Glory!

Blessings on you today!
Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!