picture

picture

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh, To Have HIS Eyes!

I have been very blessed over the last couple months to have a
Christian Music Station available thru our satellite service.
It’s been there all along – I just didn’t know it!
‘Til some friends told me where to find it!
DAH!

I turn it on almost every morning and saturate myself with
Praise and Worship music!
I now have a NEW favorite song! J

It is called “Give Me Your Eyes” by Branden Heath....
The tune is very catchy but the words say it all!
I will not quote it exactly but here is the gist of the words –

“Give me your eyes for just one second so I can see everything I keep missing;
Give me Your love for humanity;
Give me Your arms for the broken–hearted;
Give me Your heart for the forgotten;
Why have I never cared?
Give me a second glance to see people the way You see them.”

WOW!
Do these words speak to your heart?
They sure did to mine!

This morning I awoke with this tune and the words running thru my head!
As we enter a New Year I am praying for a fresh anointing upon me
of God’s Eyes,
of His Heart, His Love, His Arms ...
I’m asking Him to show me the ones He wants to minister to;
To move “me” out of the way and to use me for His Work!

Dear Friends,
May this be our prayer for 2009 -
We live in a “crazy world” –
[That’s my terminology for all that is going on around us!]
And I believe it is only going to get “crazier” before Christ returns!
In the meantime we are called to be HIS disciples, HIS ambassadors,
HIS workers here –

I KNOW we need to see the world thru HIS Eyes!
So I pray today for just that!

Father God,
We love you, Lord.
Father, give us a burden for people – a burden that overshadows anything we may have had before.
Enable us, Lord, to see people thru your eyes.
Fill our hearts with compassion and concern,
not just for physical needs but, most of all Lord, for Spiritual needs.
Give us boldness, Lord, to speak of You, to give our testimony,
to proclaim Your glory .
Father, I pray that we, your people,
be the Aroma of Christ wherever we may be;
be the Light in the darkness;
be a Seed-planter and a Harvester in this world!
I am reminded of 2 Chronicles 7:14 which says,
“If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven
and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Oh, Lord, hear this prayer of your humble servant; cleanse my heart oh, God –
Fill me with Your Spirit that I might be and do all You would have me be and do!
You are Worthy of Praise and I give You that today!
Thank You Father, for hearing my plea!
Be with everyone reading this!
Stir their hearts to first, hear from You;
and second - to respond to you!
Thank You, Lord, for what You are going to do in our lives – in our world –
this New Year!
I give it all to You, with a grateful heart –
In the Precious and Matchless name of Jesus,
Amen

Have a blessed 2009!
May this be the year that He stretches you – all for His Glory!
Ruthie

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed,
do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!