picture

picture

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Verily, Verily... #3

John 10:7-10 (NIV)
Therefore Jesus said again, “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate: whoever enters thru me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.”

KJV says – “Verily, verily, I say unto you .....

NKJV says – “Most assuredly, I say to you ....

WOW!
These verses are so powerful! I could say so much about our Lord’s words –
but today is “Truth-filled Thursday” and I’ll try to focus on that!

Jesus tells us the TRUTH!
God’s Word is the TRUTH!

Jesus is the only way to Eternal Life with the Father.
Jesus is our Shepherd –

A shepherd would give his life for his sheep;
he would do everything in his power to keep them protected
and safe from robbers, from predators.
When the shepherd had them herded into an enclosure he would lay across the opening to keep the sheep from exiting,
and to keep anyone or anything from entering!
Thus the shepherd became the gate or the door for the sheep!

That’s what Jesus has done, and wants to do, for each one of us!
He is the Way... the Door... the Gate...

Do you believe this truth for your own life?
Dear One, I pray you do!

Father God,
if there is anyone reading this today that does not know You,
send Your Holy Spirit to rest on them and to touch their hearts in such a way
that they see the TRUTH of Your Word!
Thank you Lord for what you are going to do in their lives!
In Jesus name,
Amen.

As I wrote that simple prayer I was reminded of all the SPAM comments I get to these devotionals – just “gobbly-gook”! –
I am not computer literate enough to know how one would do that but
right now – again - I claim this site for the Lord –
These verses have reminded me how satan wants to steal, kill, and destroy –
In the name of Jesus I rebuke you, satan...
Jesus shed His blood so that we might have eternal life with Him ...
I refuse to allow you to have any part of this ministry!
I’ve read the end of the BOOK!
I have overcome!
As has everyone who calls Him their Lord!
Praise God!
Thank you, Jesus!

I also think of the ones who make these spam comments happen ... I’m sure they’re “messing around” everywhere... not just here!
Just imagine the good they could do if they put their energies in a better place!
Lord, You know all about this!
Touch these ones as well, Lord!
Show them Your Truth!

Dear friends, I ask that you keep this ministry in your prayers!
I thank you all for your faithfulness!

Resting totally in the Master!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!