picture

picture

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What Blesses Your Heart?

Today my heart is so full!
[I am writing this on Saturday morning - Jan. 24th]
Things around me are not always the ‘best’ – Hubby’s business is not doing as well as we’d like these past couple of months...and I have some physical health issues...but I rest in the peace that God is in control; My heart is full for the following reasons:

· I have finally memorized my verse for January –
Zephaniah 3:17...
The Lord is with you, he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing!

Hallelujah!!!!
These words just thrill my soul!

· The Cardinals were at my feeder this morning! For the past few years these birds have been a “sign” to me of God’s greatness... The first time I ever saw one was on a Christmas morning and it was as if God was saying to me, “I love you, girl. Take delight in this magnificent creature of mine!” And I do – the presence of these birds at the feeder remind me of the words in the above scripture!

· We spent last weekend with my daughter, her hubby, and our wonderful granddaughter! She is such a pleasure – such a joy – a gift from God! And my heart explodes when she says to me – out of the blue – “I love you, Grammie.” It brings me to tears to write this! It was so good to have them all here and have some quality time together!

· Today is a good day – I am not in pain as I have been off and on for the past few months...and I'm hoping the sore throat and sniffles disappears over night!

· Hubby is off this weekend – that means we will go to church together tomorrow. He works every other weekend – at those times I miss having him with me in church.
· We’ve been invited to supper with dear friends! I know the super will be wonderful as this gal is an excellent cook; makes great beans and bread! I praise God for all our wonderful friends!

· The days are getting longer – darkness comes later in the day... that means Spring is coming! I think Spring is my favorite season – all the renewal of plants and grass, flowers, - a season of re-birth! Love it!
[I know – we still have a ways to go yet but I can dream, can’t I?]

· I am thankful for the country – and the community - I live in!
Overall – I am just so grateful for my life – for how God has worked in my life – for all the blessings He bestows on me daily!

Reflect on this today:
Do you KNOW that He delights in you, desires to quiet you with His love,
and will rejoice over you with singing!

Just Imagine –
God is singing over you!
Oh my!

What blesses your heart today?
Make a list...
don’t forget to tell Him how much you appreciate those blessings!

Dear Father God,
Your salvation – such a blessing!
May we not take what You did for us for granted.
May we daily be aware of Your hand in our lives.
May we tell you everyday how much we love You.
Even in the tough times may we have grateful hearts.
Thank You Jesus,
Amen.

Blessings on you today!
Ruthie

P.S. – a side note written on Sunday afternoon – Hubby was called in to work for Sunday due to illness of other staff and I had a cold flare-up overnight!
But Hey!!!
God is good - we’ll have another weekend off together soon;
and this cold will go away in a few days!

There is Always, Always, Always something
to be thankful for.
Make a resolution to live this today!
Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!