picture

picture

Friday, January 16, 2009

The ‘BLAME GAME’

Have you ever played the “blame game”?
No!
This is not a board game or a card game – it is a “game” that we humans
have been participating in since the beginning of time!

Since when? ... you ask.

Genesis 3:12
The man said, “The woman you put here with me –
she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

Genesis 3:13
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

Since time began men and women have been blaming someone else for their failings.
Read these 2 verses again –
Do you see the blame?
Do you also see the action?
They both ATE of the fruit – knowing that God had told them not to.
When God asked them if they had eaten from the tree that He commanded them not to eat from ( See verse 11) –
they both replied by admitting they had, but blaming the someone else for their action.

Wow!
Have you ever done this?
· He/she made me do it!
· The devil made me do it!
· Well, you’re always ......... so I ......... (you fill in the blanks)
· I can’t help it; it’s in my genes.
· I’m this way because that’s the way my parents were.
· Sorry, that’s just the way I am.
· I didn’t/don’t have any choice in the matter.
And on and on the excuses go...

[I just thought of this – over the past 7 months I’ve made many phone calls regarding our cell phones ... one time I was told that “the system” was responsible
for what had occurred!
I said, “The system? The system is only as good as the information that gets put into it ...and that is done by a human.”
No one wanted to take responsibility for anything!]

OK – enough about the cell!

Oh friends, I know we all do this –
play the blame game –
from time to time –
As we grow and mature in our faith I also know that God
enables us to take responsibility,
He gives us His grace to apologize, to accept the discipline required,
to be accountable ...

No one is ever “blameless”... we contribute many things to all of our relationships.
No one is ever “all to blame” for the breakdown of a relationship.

Please know this...
It is so important for us to evaluate our relationships –
And to be who and what God has called us to be in each one:
· Forgive 70 X 7
· Quick to listen
· Slow to speak
· Slow to become angry or take offense
· Never let the sun go down on our anger
· Not be rude, or proud, or boastful
· Keep no record of wrongs
· Encourage, praise, and love others
· Hold each other accountable
· Set healthy boundaries

Dear one,I pray that you will think of your relationships right now.
If there is someone you are blaming for something that is going on in your life –
take that blame away from them, and look at your part in what is happening.
Forgive them for not being perfect; forgive them for the hurt they’ve caused;
let them off the hook and give them to God!
Remember – when you point a finger at someone else there are 3 pointing back at you!
Begin to set some healthy boundaries for yourself – this is OK! This is good!
God has boundaries – we need to as well!
God calls you to be accountable for yourself –
He will search you and let you know what needs to be done in you –
to bring you closer to His ideal for you!
I thank Him for that!
Also, know this – you can’t go back and change your upbringing –
or things that have happened in the past –
BUT
you can make a choice – today –
to change those things that need changing!

Philippians 3:16 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! (NKJ)
He will empower you, enable you ...
and give you victory!
Blessings on you, loved ones!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!