picture

picture

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Verily! Verily! #1

The word “verily” means truthfully, with confidence, most assuredly.
I was brought up in a Baptist Church where the King James Version of the Bible was the only version used. The older I get the more I am aware of this - the reason being that the Scriptures that are in my memory from long ago are from the KJV.
I have a Parallel Bible – 2 columns on each page – 2 versions in one:
King James Version and New International Version.
It’s neat to be able to compare the two right at my fingertips.

When I began this morning thinking about truth – for Thursdays writing – the word “verily” came to me!

I am going to give you 3 different translations of one Scripture – the meaning is the same even though the word for “truth” is different.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee.
Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 3:3 (KJV)

In reply Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, no one can see
the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”
John 3:3 (NIV)

Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly I say to you,
unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
John 3:3 (New KJV)

Friends...
No matter which version you are reading – God’s word – Truth for our lives – remains the same!
Hallelujah!

I pray that you are “born again” – turned over to Him – with the very presence of the Holy Spirit living in you!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!