picture

picture

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

MY REFUGE!

Find rest , O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
He is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
Pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Psalm 62:5-8

REFUGE
shelter from danger, trouble; a place or source of shelter or safety.

What does it mean when the psalmist said that GOD was his refuge?
Is He YOUR refuge?
I pray you can say this with all certainty – He IS your refuge, your rock, your fortress, your salvation –
AND –
that you will not be shaken!
WOW!
What a freedom – what a peace – the confidence in this instils in one!
I pray that this freedom and peace are yours today!

Reading and meditating on the words of this Psalm reminded me of a
reflective piece I had written a few years ago...

THE NEST

The winds howl; snow blows across the field;
trees bend to the strength of the wind;
And yet –
the little bird’s nest remains anchored to the tree!

This little nest sits high up in the tree;
the branch it’s on moves with the force of the wind;
And yet – this nest stays safe and secure!

Oh, how I am reminded of our Heavenly Father –
Of the safety and security He provides for us!
Of His promise to never leave us nor forsake us!

The mother bird builds a nest for her young –
A nest she knows will not be moved by the winds or the storms!
We, too, have this promise from Him who saved us;
Our Father -
The winds and the storms of life will not move us
if we are resting secure in Him!
Hallelujah!

I praise You, Lord, for the safety and security You have brought to my life!
May I always rest in You –
knowing that even though the storms of life will come
and they will howl around me –
I am Yours!
I am Safe!
I am Secure!
I am anchored to You – My Rock and my Refuge!
Praise You, Lord!
Thank You, Jesus!

At the time I wrote this I had just gone thru a divorce;
I feel quite sure I would not have survived emotionally or mentally,
if it had not been for my Refuge!
When this winter storm came and I watched it from my window...I marvelled at the nest I saw high up in the maple tree by my driveway!
It took my breath away, and I could do nothing but Thank God
for His provision for me... and I continue to do that today!

Dear Friends,
Reflect on the words of the psalmist...
If you cannot say with confidence and assurance that He IS your refuge, your rock, your fortress in the storms of life, then get on your knees in prayer – He will become just that for you when you ask Him to!

May your day be filled with Joy and Peace!
Resting in HIM!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!