picture

picture

Monday, February 2, 2009

White as Snow!

News Flash: This Is The Day (www.thisisthedayrejoice.com) has been accepted in to the Internet Cafe's Top 100 Christian Women's Blogs... this site is in the Top 10 of the Catergory - Cup OverFloweth - inspiring one to have a closer relationship with the Lord!
I am so honored - to HIM be the Glory!
and so humbled!
It's all because of Him!
I just want to say a heartfelt thankyou to all you who are faithful readers; I could not do this without your encouragement and affirmation!
"thank you so much" and "I love you all"!
Blessings, Ruthie



I left home this morning (Saturday – Jan.31/09)
around 8:15 to head for church for a “Discovery Meeting” –
a brainstorming/ vision seeking/ dreaming session...
It started to snow while we were there and when we came out 2 ½ hours later everything was covered by about 4cm of pure white snow!

Now –
you may have gleaned thru previous writings that I’m not a “snow lover” ... not one to want to be outside and frolicking in the snow;
nor do I like to drive in it;
but when it is settling on everything, and is so fresh and pure,
I love to look at it!
What I saw this morning was absolutely beautiful!
The trees were laden down with puffs of glistening white as the sun
began to shine;
rooftops were covered;
what one would call a “winter wonderland”.
Just enough moisture in it to make a great snowman!

Hubby and I had lunch in the kitchen... I pulled the patio door curtain back so I could look outside at my bird feeder!
All kinds of little birds flitting around and filling their bellies with seeds, when, suddenly, in flies this beautiful Red Cardinal!
He lands on the ground which is pure white!

Can you picture it?
The RED and the WHITE!
I hope you can! It was a sight to behold!
As I’ve said before –
to me, the Cardinal is a reminder of my Abba – Daddy;
my Heavenly Father...
and my heart lifts whenever I see one!

Immediately an old hymn pops into my mind and I am reminded of our sins being washed as white as snow by the shed blood of Jesus!
Hallelujah!
Are you rejoicing with me?
I truly pray that you are!

The hymn I recalled is
“Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus”
(here’s a condensed version of the words)
What can wash away my sin?
What can make me whole again?
For my pardon this I see – for my cleansing this my plea –
Nothing can for sin atone – Naught of good that I have done –
This is all my hope and peace -This is all my righteousness –

Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Refrain:
O precious is the flow that makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know;
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Dear friends,
I pray that today you are reminded of how His shed blood on Calvary has washed you white as snow;
how he has cleansed you from unrighteousness;
how he has made you into a new creation;
how he has adopted, accepted, loved, redeemed, and forgiven you!
And if you don’t know this or you don’t believe it –
I pray that HE will send someone across your path that will be able to show you the way!

Blessings on you all!
Resting in HIM,
Ruthie
<><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!