picture

picture

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Verily, Verily .... #4

In the day you will no longer ask me anything.
I tell you the truth,
(verily, verily) [most assuredly]
My Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
Until now you have not asked for anything in my name.
Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.
John 16:23-24

Jesus was talking to His disciples ...
“in that day” means after He had ascended to heaven... they would not be able to ask Him anything – face to face – as He would not be with them.
He was assuring them – telling them the truth –
that they could ask anything of the Father in His (Jesus) name.
He had previously told them (verses 13-15) that the Holy Spirit would help them.

These words do not mean that Father God will give us anything we want...
Using these words is not a magic formula for “getting things”...
Prayer is not about manipulating God or His power – it is about giving into, yielding to His strength and power!
Hallelujah!

I John 5:14
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will. He hears us!

To ask God for anything in the name of Christ is for us to ask as if Christ himself were asking...
we must set aside our own selves, our own will,
and ask according to HIS will.

Dear Ones, I pray you believe this truth!
God’s will for us is so far better than anything we could imagine...
Ask in His will and it shall be given to you!

Blessings on you!
Resting in Him, Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!