picture

picture

Friday, February 27, 2009

This Crazy World!


Did you see the paper the other day?
Have you heard the rumblings about ads on the buses in Halifax
and other places?

When I saw the sign these guys (atheists) were holding up
I was taken aback by the wording!

Here is what it said –
“THERE’S PROBABLY NO GOD.
NOW STOP WORRYING AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE.”

Here’s what my first thought was –
“What is this world coming to?”

And then I thought to myself –
“I thought an atheist believed that there was no God.
What’s with the ‘probably’?
What are they saying here?”

My understanding of someone professing to be an atheist is that they believe there is no God.
The dictionary actually states that “atheism” is “the belief that there is no God or gods”;

When I look up the word “believe” here is what I find –
“to accept the truth and reliability of something without proof;
“conviction, confidence, trust”;

When I look up the word “probably” here is what the dictionary says –
“supported generally but not conclusively by the evidence.”

How thankful I am that I can say with absolute faith that there IS a GOD!
There is no “probability” in it!
*** IT JUST IS ***

HALLELUJAH!

I BELIEVE this with all my heart!
No Questions!
I have a confidence and trust in His Word –
I KNOW that He is real!!!
Thank you, Jesus!

His Word tells me I needn’t worry –
Spend some time reading and meditating on Matthew 6: 25-34
focusing on verses 33-34:
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness,
and all these things will be given to you as well.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

How thankful I am that He carries my burdens for me!
That He loves me and wants my best!
That I can KNOW and BELIEVE, without question, that HE is real!
Praise HIM today, Dear Ones!
Thank Him for what He’s doing in you!
And just KNOW that He is very aware of this crazy world we live in!
He Is In CONTROL!
Praise His Holy Name!

Blessings on you today!

Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!