picture

picture

Saturday, February 7, 2009

WEEKEND WHISPERINGS


Be still and know that I am God
Psalm 46:10

Reflections:
I have decided to do something a little different for the weekends this month.
In the past I have given you a Scripture to reflect on and meditate on!

I don’t “journal” in a book as I used to do.
Since I began this website my time of journaling, reflection,
and quiet time has changed.
I still do a little “journaling” in my computer journal.

However, I may spend hours in prayer, reflection, meditation, and study...
and “writing” on my computer;
I thought it might be interesting to record some of the more common things that I would once have written in my journals –
so, here goes!

I’m thinking that you, too, might use these promptings to give you a time of reflection; a quiet time.

What I am thankful for –
What I am presently creating –
What I am currently reading –
My plans for today [or weekend] –
What the Lord has taught me this week –

I am thankful for:
· My hubby and my family
· Wonderful friends
· My home
· The country I live in
· The small group that meets at our home weekly

I am presently creating:
What else? Cards!!!!!
and knitting some dishcloths.

I am currently reading:
“In Defense Of Food” by Michael Pollan and
“Every Day with Rachael Ray” (February edition) ...
Go figure! Both are “food related”. Uhmmmmmm - what’s that saying?

My plans for today (Saturday):
I have a Stampin’ Up! Workshop in Cape St. Mary’s... A workshop involves lots of prep time but is always fun to do.
This will be a Valentine themed workshop.

This week the Lord has taught me a couple of things:
a) Even though the thing I fear the most may NEVER come true Satan will continue to try me, tempt me, and deceive me with the threat of that fear being true! I never thought of it in quite that way before until I heard Beth Moore explain it on TV the other day! All the more reason to stay in the word; to be aware of what my fears - are so I can recognize when he is threatening me!

b) He’s continuing to reveal to me what He wants for my life... His will for me... and that I’m not where I need to be at this moment in time! This is a personal thing and at some point I know WE will work it through and I will share what it is all about!

I hope these ramblings of mine will bless your day.
I encourage you to spend some quiet time with the Lord.
Have a blessed weekend!

Grace and Peace to you!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!