picture

picture

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

“Me – Woman!”

There was a song years ago – I think it was called “I Am Woman” –
Anyway - those words were repeated over and over in the song.
The gist of the song was that I – woman – was capable of anything I put my mind to – I was invincible –
I could be wonder-woman!
All in my own strength!

And you know what?
I bought into that thinking for a time in my life – until I realized that I was not invincible;
I was not wonder-woman;
I could not do everything in my own strength!

Eventually this became my thinking:
I am woman.
I am invincible.
I am tired.
And I KNEW there had to be more to life than the way I was existing.

We’ve talked before about all the “hats” we wear –
“roles” we play – every day!
I believe that the most important thing any woman can do in this world today is to be the woman God has called her to be!
That’s not to say that all those other roles aren’t important –
because they are –
but none of those can be achieved effectively unless woman is who God has called her to be!

And who is that? You may ask...

Let your mind go for a moment to where or what you know God has called you to... spend some time with Him, reaffirming His place in those areas.

John 17:4 (NKJV)
I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given me to do.

In this portion of Scripture Jesus is speaking to His Father –
praying for Himself...
He has glorified His Father while here on earth – He knows He will soon go to the cross and then be restored to His Father in Heaven.

Did you catch the words “finished the work which You have given me to do”...
What is the ‘work’ that God has given you to do?
In all the ‘stuff’ you do everyday what is the work HE has given YOU to do????
And can you say that you have completed it at the end of the day?

Please stay with me here –
I have no intention of having you feel condemned or guilty...
You must remember –

Romans 8:1 (NKJV)
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who
are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

The condemnation comes from Satan when we don’t complete all that’s on the “to do lists” ... (our own or others) ...
All I do have to do is complete God’s “to do list” for me!
Please know that MY “to do list” from God will not be the same as yours! Some aspects will be similar but some will be different depending on the season of life we are in.
Also, know that what I’m doing in this season of my life will be different than in another season of my life!

I do KNOW this though...
There IS time everyday to do those things that God calls me to do!
· Spend time with HIM
· Love and cherish my husband
· Encourage a friend
· Show His love to the unbeliever
· Speak words that build up
· Guard my tongue
· Participate in acts of service that bring glory to HIM
· Have a forgiving heart
· ______________
· ________________________
You add to the list!
For there is so much more!

Those “things” that have eternal value are where He desires our priorities to be...
I have learned that it is impossible for me to be the woman God wants me to be unless I am in close communion with Him... cultivating my relationship with Him...
Growing in my faith...
Believing and trusting Him like never before!

Yea!
ME – WOMAN!
HIS WOMAN!

Thank You, Father,
For Your grace, Your mercy, Your love, Your compassion.
Thank You for turning this wretched tired woman into Your child; a Princess; a Treasure in your eyes.
Thank You, Jesus, for the cross!

Praise Him today!
Seek Him today!
Show Him to others today!

Blessings on you as you move closer to Him,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!