picture

picture

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Do You Believe This?

John 11: 25-26
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life.
He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.
Do you believe this?

These are powerful words –
Do you ever think about what these words mean to you, the believer?
I reflected on these words as I drove home from my daughters on Sunday...
That morning the pastor had preached a message using this Scripture as his main reference point.
I was reminded anew what it means to me that Christ died on the cross for me – that He was resurrected and that He is now in heaven –
AND –
That someday I will meet Him there!
I may die physically but I will not die spiritually!
Do you believe that today?
My body may get old and my heart fail –
but my spirit will leave my physical body and go to be with the Lord.
What a hope that gives me!

2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body,
and to be present with the Lord.

Do I fear dying?
I can honestly say I don’t fear “dying” because I KNOW there is something
far better afterwards.
There are moments when I wonder what my lot will be when it comes to
this event which is appointed to every person!
There is no escape from it!
And, as anyone would say, I don’t want to suffer –
but I have no control over any of that –
God knows what my lot will be....
My desire is to be used of Him thru my living and my dying!

As the pastor said –
“The issue is not whether we’re afraid of death;
the issue is do we have hope after death?”

So dear friends ...

As Jesus asked “do you believe this?
Do you have hope after death?
My prayer today is for each reader to grasp the hope that is in Christ!
May you believe the words of our Lord as I’ve quoted from John 11:25-26!
May this truth be a reality in your life!

Praying for HIS peace and joy to fill your hearts today!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!