picture

picture

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thankful Tuesday

Actually I’m writing this Monday morning!
But I have to share this with you!

About a year ago hubby shared with our Small Group that I’m like a whirlwind in the morning ... He said, “Hurricane Ruthie hits the kitchen and interrupts my quiet time.” I don’t remember the context of that conversation.
I hadn’t realized how it affected him but since then I’ve tried to be less stressed about the kitchen in the morning –
to wait for him to depart before I “hit” it! –
or to make sure it’s in order before I go to bed the night before!
One of my “things” is to have the kitchen in order!

This past weekend was his weekend to work for 24 hours straight so when he arrived in the house Sunday I did nothing but spend time with him and Buster!
Before I went to bed I made a list of things I needed to do today!
Not because I didn’t know what I had to do – but sometimes my lists will keep me on track!
Of course, one of those was to empty the dishwasher and clean up the kitchen!

For some reason I slept a little later in the morning – could be that our sleep was interrupted a few times by a new puppy who awoke and whined thus
waking me periodically!
When I came downstairs into the kitchen hubby had emptied the dishwasher and cleaned up everything!
I said, “Honey, you didn’t have to do that!”
And he replied, “Just thought I’d calm the storm!”
Of course, we had a good laugh over that!

I am so thankful for him – I get frustrated with him at times, but I have to remember that God brought him to me – I recall us both saying that we were an answer to prayer for each other!
And, he has brought more humor into my life than I had before meeting him!
I have learned to “relax”; to be more accepting; to trust;
I KNOW God placed him in my life to teach me some things...
I am thankful for him; and I’m thankful to God!

Who are you thankful for in your life?
How has God used them to grow you and make you more like Him?
Have you told them how much they mean to you?
Do you encourage them? Lift them up?

Philippians 4: 8
...whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy – meditate on these things.

Tell someone today what they mean to you!
May you be blessed today!
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!