picture

picture

Monday, March 23, 2009

Wandering in the Desert

Lots of “stuff” running around in my head this morning!
I’m just sitting here – waiting on God to reveal to me what He wants me to say!

*********
Here Goes!!!!!!!

*********

John 10:10
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

3 years ago (minus a couple weeks) I started on a Life Style change...
Lost some weight; exercised more than usual for me;
gave up CHIPS for 1½ years;
took an awesome trip;

And then, for some reason, about a year + ago I settled BACK into the OLD routine!
Did you catch that?
I went BACK into the OLD routine...
Eating in the evening; the chips came back;
the exercise fell off; and the weight came on!

*** Sounds like the lyrics to a mournful song doesn’t it? ***
:)

This seems to have been the story of my life –
This issue of my weight has been with me since I was a child!
Diets! You name it – I’ve tried them all!
Lost and gained! Lost and gained!
As I’ve reflected on this lately I’ve realized that I have had a “defeatist attitude” –
Messages such as:
· You’ll never reach goal.
· You never have before so why do you think it’ll happen this time.
· You’re a product of your genes.
· You don’t have the will power to be successful in this area.

I would struggle; I’d beseech God to help me;
I’d tell the devil to take a hike!
I’d be OK for a while and then Satan would get in thru a crack I didn’t even know was there!
That’s what he is like!
Just recently I heard Beth Moore say that Satan will keep us in bondage with a “threat” of something happening...
That was like a “light-bulb moment” for me!
A THREAT!
Here’s is Satan’s threat to me...
· You’re going to fail – again!

So I had given up trying...
And he was winning!
But no more!

Something happened in my brain –
( the Holy Spirit “opened my eyes”)
and I’m on my way out of the desert –
once again!

My questions for you this morning are:
Has Satan been keeping you bondage in an area of your life?
What threat is he holding over your head?
What tactic has he been using to “keep you in the desert”?
Are you ready to start walking in the direction the Lord has mapped out for you?

Dear ones,
Please know that the devil just waits to see how he can get at us!
We need to be constantly aware of his tactics and rebuke him from our lives!
We need to stay focused on God - seeking HIM in everything!
Christ came to give us abundant life ... don’t let Satan steal that from you!

Here’s a poem I wrote about 8 years ago:

Wandering In The Desert

The Israelites wandered for, lo, forty years –
Why did they grumble and cry all those tears?
Their trip should have taken but only 11 days...
Why did they mistrust Him and not listen to His ways?

They looked to their past as a pleasant place to be –
When it really was nothing but heartache and misery.
They failed to see the future as a life filled with Him –
Why were they so silly not to know what was His plan?

He let them wander in, and out, and through the desert land –
Showing to them His might power-
Displaying His awesome hand.

Am I like the Israelites?
Do I wander far from Him?
Do I grumble and complain, and never let Him win?
Do I look to the past as a pleasant place to live?
Do I think He doesn’t know for me what my best interest is?

He lets me wander as He did them,
and shows me of Himself,
and teaches me that life with Him is nothing but the best.

I pray that I will learn from Him the truths to light my path,
That I will know His awesome love;
Hear His still, small voice;
Know Him as the Only One whose peace and grace will last,
And that I will see Him, meet Him, greet Him,
Rest and reside with Him into eternity!
Praise You, Father!

Today - Seek the Lord with all your heart!
Listen for the Holy Spirit’s prompting in your soul!

We used to say this in an elementary English class:
Good, better, best...
Never let them rest.
‘Til your good is better, and your better, best!

God’s BEST is better than anything you or I can imagine!
Surrender to Him today!

BLESSINGS ON YAH!
RUTHIE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!