picture

picture

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Seek HIS Truth

The truth is this –
There is a battle going on in our hearts – everyday!

Ephesians 6:12 (NKJV)
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Satan wants to turn our eyes away from our Father.
He wants to turn our eyes onto the things of the world (idols)...
For me personally, I struggle with food addictions!
Might as well call it like it is!
- I LOVE potatoes chips ... then add some dip!
WOW!
My downfall for sure!
- I also make excuses for not eating healthily!
- For not cooking meals for myself --- and --- and

At the beginning of February I gave all of this to God – Once Again!
And I give HIM all the glory –
- I have not eaten chips for a month!
I have recently been around them and a fleeting thought flew thru my mind
but it was fairly easy to resist! Not because of my strong will-power...
Oh No!!!!!
Because of God’s power!
Thank You, Jesus!
And...

- I have started eating more healthily –
Preparing meals ahead of time –
And being accountable to someone for my habits!

I give God praise for carrying me and helping me to overcome!

Whatever your battle is today He will empower you to get thru it!

Jeremiah 29:13-14 (NKJV)
“And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
I will be found by you, says the LORD,
and I will bring you back from your captivity.”

Are you seeking Him with all your heart?
Is there something you haven’t given over to Him yet?
What is “your captivity”?

John 10:10 (NKJV)
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly
.
(Jesus words!)

Make this your meditation over these next days and weeks...
Seek Him...
Let Him work in you!

Blessings on you all!
Resting in HIM,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!