picture

picture

Thursday, March 26, 2009

THE DOGHOUSE!

Our pooch is in the doghouse!
He is misbehaving and Dad has put him there for a time out!

Have you ever been in the “doghouse” with a loved one? What did they do to let you know that’s where you were?
· Not speak to you for a while?
· Give you the cold shoulder?
· Actually tell you that you were in the doghouse?

How did you feel?
· Rejected?
· De-valued?
· Depressed?
· Confused?
· Angry?
· Ashamed?
· Lonely?
· Fearful?

I am wondering if you’ve ever felt like God has put you in the “doghouse”?

I know that God rebukes and chastens us –
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.
Revelation 3:19

He wants us to turn back to Him! Here is His promise!
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”
Revelation 3:20

I know that God continues to love us – He does not give us the cold shoulder – His love is unconditional! He is a gracious and merciful God!
Hallelujah!

When I FEEL rejected, de-valued, depressed, confused, angry, ashamed, lonely, fearful...
I KNOW these feelings aren’t given to me by my Heavenly Father.
Satan would like me to believe that, but I choose to BELIEVE God’s Word –

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus...
Romans 8:1

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns,
once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
1 Peter 5:7 (AMP)

But God, who comforts and encourages and refreshes and cheers the depressed and the sinking,
2 Corinthians 7:6 (AMP)

For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:38-39 (AMP)

I encourage you to do some research of the Scriptures to check out the promises that God has given to you!
Knowing these promises will turn your life onto a positive path... Not that your circumstances will change – but your attitude will – as you take them in and fill your heart and mind with them!
Let Him do that for you today!

The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you;
The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious
(kind, merciful and giving favor) to you;
The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually)
Numbers 6:24-26

Resting in Him,
Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how this post was encouraging to you! Please be nice!